Buying Guide for 13-inch Laptop Sleeves and Cases
Its important to protect your laptop whenever it is in use or being transported. A protective sleeve or case can be used to carry your computer as opposed to using a traditional bag. All sorts of options exist for 13-inch models.What is a laptop sleeve?
A laptop sleeve can be made of various materials. It provides a protective case that hugs the laptop so that it doesnt get damaged. It can be carried as it is or slide into a computer bag or luggage when traveling for added protection. Sleeves and cases can be used on a variety of models, including Macbooks, Ultrabooks, ZenBooks, and more.What are some of the available materials?
You will find that a sleeve can be made of all sorts of different materials and colors. This will impact the style, functionality, durability, and how easy it is to keep clean:
- Leather or synthetic leather
- Neoprene or rubber
- Rigid plastic
Laptop sleeves vary in color, and include neutrals such as white and black, as well as brighter colors and patterns for added personalization.What are some of the available features?
You will find that there are all sorts of different features available for a laptop sleeve. This allows you to choose the features that are most important based on where you will go with it and how you plan to use it:
- Waterproof: If youre near a pool, reading recipes in the kitchen, or youre walking in the rain, water-resistant and spill-resistant materials can protect the laptop.
- Pockets: Padded pockets provide added storage for items you may need like charging cables or memory cards.
- Carry handle: Make it easy to carry the sleeve like a bag with small handles or a shoulder strap.
- Matching bag: Have a bag that matches the sleeve for a coordinated look.
- Colors and designs: Choose solid colors, designs, or images for a look that works for you.
Whether you buy a neoprene, leather, or rubber case, consider how the covering closes in order to protect your device the best way possible. Some are only covers and dont close. However, others have some kind of closure in place to ensure your laptop is protected completely and doesnt fall out. Some of the available closure options are:
- Snap: One or more snaps may be in place.
- Zipper: A zipper may go around the entire perimeter of the sleeve.
- Magnet: Some will close with a magnet, similar to a wallet.
Most laptop sleeves are designed to fit the laptop only. However, some models have pockets or pouches on the outside that may fit a few different accessories that often come with laptops such as the Macbook and tablet:
- Charging cable
- Portable mouse
- Portable keyboard