Upgrading the Operating System for a Laptop
Acer netbooks and laptops can be equipped with a Windows operating system that many families find user-friendly. They are convenient and easy to transport between home, work, school, and meetings. The compact size and powerful performance are top features of the devices.
How do you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 or Windows 8 on the Acer laptop?
You may be contemplating the install of a newer version of Windows if you are still using XP. This is a good idea for several reasons. XP has been identified as a magnet for malware viruses. Most importantly, the system is now obsolete and outdated. Upgrading the operating system to Windows 7, Windows 8, or others. The install of 7 is easier than others and can be done in very little time. Here are a few things to consider when contemplating an upgrade:
- Only a one-step upgrade is supported by Microsoft. Therefore, to install a system that has more than one operator before it, a complete wipe-out is necessary.
- Backup all data from the current system onto a file.
- Re-install all software programs afterward.
- There is a Windows XP Easy Transfer available but it takes a while to complete this process.
- The upgrade can be completed using a USB flash drive.
- Many Acer netbooks do not have a pre-installed DVD drive. Therefore, you will need to acquire an external one.
How can you restore your Acer Aspire One to factory settings?
Acer computers and other components may need to be restored to factory settings for several reasons. There are hidden recovery partitions in this system that have software designed to reinstall the OS. The hard drive is formatted by the software to restore the Aspire One to its original settings. The Acer eRecovery management app erases data from the drive in the event of corruption. Here are a few tips for restoration:
- Click Acer eRecovery Management
- Click restore
- Select restore system to factory
- Click Yes when prompted to do so
- Click Yes again to go back to factory settings
What features are available on the Aspire One?
Acer has several laptops and netbooks in its line. The Aspire One is designed as an economic powerhouse that emits quality performance for above average use. It is available in a sleek and compact design, which makes it easy to transport or maneuver between home and work areas. Here are a few available features:
- 89 percent keyboard: the keys are comfortable and spacious enough for quality typing
- Ports and dual card readers: USB, Ethernet, VGA, and headphone ports available
- Quiet speakers: located in the underbelly of the Acer Aspire with reduced interference features for quality playback
Content provided is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Acer.