A book for addresses works like a journal, and it is used to keep track of the addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information of the people you know and businesses you frequent. There are also books that allow you to keep track of internet addresses and your logins and passwords for each site. The purpose of these pocket and bigger-sized books is to help you stay organized and have a single resource so you can carefully manage the contact information you need.What are the features of address books?
An address book can come with several useful features, and they are the following:
- Large print: A large print book offers bigger lettering sizes, larger numbers, and more space for you to fill in the phone and street address information. If you have vision difficulties, a large black print book may help you to read and write each phone or address entry on the black lines more clearly.
- Numbered and tabbed: Black numerals on the pages make it easier for you to find what you need in your address planner. A tabbed address planner may have helpful sorting options such as letters of the alphabet or categories such as doctors, restaurants, family, and friends.
- Illustrated: An illustrated address and telephone book for addresses may feature painted, sketched, or stamped designs on the pages or the cover. When you place it on your desk, the front illustration may add some color and style to your surroundings.
The different types of binding options have different benefits, and they are explained below:
- Spiral bound: A spiral bound address book uses a coiled wire so you can easily turn the pages. The pages have perforations so you can tear them out and create an even edge when you remove the page from the wire. This makes it easy to write a list of names and phone information and bring it with you in your pocket while traveling.
- Three-ring binding: If you prefer a three-ring style of binder, this allows the booklet of addresses to stay open on the top of your desk. The rings can be opened, allowing you to insert more of the blank loose-leaf sheets or refillable packets of additional pages as you need them.
- Hardcover: A hardcover booklet with addresses may have a hard, cardboard material or a stiff or soft black or other color of leather cover. A hard-bound or leather booklet for addresses and phone numbers often has pockets on the inside where you could store a business card.
Pocket address books measure about 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches long. The pocket address book is designed to easily slide into your pants, skirt, jacket pocket, purse, or briefcase. The pocket size option often has a soft leather cover and spiral-bound finish. A desk size phone and address book may measure up to 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches long, which are the dimensions of a standard piece of paper. These bigger phone and address books may have a black leather or illustrated front.