Find New, Used & Classic Board Games on eBay
Board games provide a great escape for kids and adults. With themes as varied as war, real estate, and life itself, there's a game out there for everyone. Whether you're looking for new, slightly used, or vintage collectible board games, you can find the perfect addition to your next game night on eBay.
Popular Board Games
Many games have endured for decades, though there are newcomers that have gained a loyal following. Here are some of the most popular board games:
- Monopoly: Born out of the Great Depression, Monopoly challenges players to amass a real estate empire at all costs. While the original is still the go-to, there are many variations and licensed versions that have introduced it to new audiences.
- Clue: A murder has occurred and everyone is a suspect. Identify the culprit and the weapon to win the game. Clue is another game that has been licensed to various properties over the years.
- Battleship: Face off against an opponent in this classic game of naval strategy. Easy to learn with high replay value, Battleship appeals to a wide range of players.
- The Game of Life: Players navigate their way through life, including milestones like marriage and kids. The goal of The Game of Life is to retire with the most money. There are various versions of the game for sale, including some more suited for kids.
- Operation: Fun for all ages, this game puts you in the position of surgeon. Skillfully remove strange and funny objects from your patient without touching the edge of the compartment, which triggers a light and sound. Operation is a particularly good choice for kids.
- The Settlers of Catan: Settle new lands as you attempt to build a new civilization in The Settlers of Catan. It's not as easy as that, of course! There are plenty of obstacles ahead.
Shopping for Kid's Games by Age
It's important to choose a game that everyone can enjoy, and that means taking age into account. What might seem like fun to you could be too challenging for kids, causing them to lose interest halfway through.
- Kindergarten: Board games can help young kids develop fine motor skills, practice numbers and colors, and learn how to lose gracefully. A game like Memory is a great place to start since it relies on visual cues instead of reading or complex strategy.
- 6-8 years old: Kids entering elementary school can handle straightforward strategy games like Battleship. You can also think about junior variations of Monopoly, which are designed for those with shorter attention spans.
- 9-12 years old: Kids nearing the end of elementary school will be able to understand the rules of most games. They may even have an appreciation for the nuances of chess!
- Teens: At this point you should be guided less by the skills required to play the game than the theme itself. Teens with an interest in politics might like Catan or Risk. Remember that you're competing with plenty of other distractions, so choose your theme wisely!
Buy Used to Save Money
Board games can be surprisingly expensive when new. Choosing a used board game can put money back in your pocket, and gently loved games still provide the same level of enjoyment. eBay has thousands of used games to choose from so you're bound to find the right game at a fair price.
Vintage Board Games
Is there a game from your youth that you'd like to introduce to the family? Maybe you're a collector chasing a rare title? eBay has you covered here, too! Our sellers routinely offer vintage board games to satisfy your nostalgia or build a truly special collection.