Finding the Lawn Mower Parts You Need to Fix Your Briggs & Stratton Engine
Briggs & Stratton have a fine line of engines that are used to power a few different lawn mower manufacturers including Toro, California Trimmer, Worldlawn, and Yard Machines. Unfortunately, even well-built engines can suffer from wear and tear or malfunctioning parts, and when that happens youll need to find the right engine parts to get your equipment running again. Luckily, eBay has a giant selection of Briggs & Stratton parts available to address any unforeseen problems that might occur.What are some diagnostic tips for your Briggs & Stratton?
If your Briggs & Stratton engine wont start or runs poorly when it does, there are a handful of items to check off in figuring out the problem. Here are some of the most common problem areas.
- Has the fuel in the tank been sitting around for an extended period of time? If so, then theres a good chance that it has gone stale and no longer puts off the proper level of combustion for smooth engine operation.
- The carburetor and fuel injection system on your Briggs & Stratton can become clogged with particles and dirt mixed in with the fuel which will cause the engine to sputter or not start at all.
- Spark plugs can become dirty, fouled up, or the gap might become misaligned causing improper firing.
- The ignition system can develop problems with different parts including the spark plug leads, shorted-out kill switch, or a broken flywheel.
- If your mower starts shooting out thick clouds of exhaust it could mean a couple of things. Blue or white smoke means the engine is burning oil, and black smoke can mean problems with the air filter, dirty fuel, or the carburetor.
Knowing whether to replace or simply clean the carburetor in your Briggs & Stratton engine is a matter of technical your skill level, budget, time, and damage to the carburetor. If this is your first time, then make sure you have the owners manual or a step-by-step guide to properly remove all the parts. As with any repair work involving fuel make sure the first thing you do is disconnect the battery to avoid any accidental sparks.How can you find the lawn mower parts you need?
Once you have diagnosed what is wrong with your mower, the next step is to purchase replacement parts for your equipment. eBay has a large listing of Briggs & Stratton parts, so you might want to also shop by the type of parts youre looking for. You can do this at the top of the search screen.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Briggs & Stratton.