What Lenses Available for My Camera?
One of the draws of the DSLR is the variety of lenses and customized additions you can make to your camera. While there are a ton of good EF lenses to take good photos, the Canon FD lens is good for creating different visual effects.
What are Some Available Lenses for My Camera?
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- Not too heavy, and can take good wide angle shots. Fast lens with a good aperture. Very popular among Canon camera users.
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom
- Good for portraits, weddings, and active events, but very heavy.
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom
- Good for landscapes, but not as fast of an aperture as other cameras.
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Standard Zoom
- Light and good for walking around, but no image stabilization.
What are the Benefits of an FD Lens?
Most of the camera lenses we have listed so far have been EF lenses. What are the benefits of the Canon FD lenses?
- These have good zooming features with a wide range of variable focal lengths.
- Telephoto zoom FDs are good for all kinds of action shots, such as sporting events or wildlife photos.
- The Canon FD is a popular adapter for your camera because of its a good substitute for many of the prime ones.
- It's an adapter lens for things like action shots and nature shots and you can also use it for portraits.
- The one drawback of the Canon FD is that the maximum aperture is relatively slow compared to other lenses.
- Despite this, the many benefits of the FDs make them a solid addition and adapter for your Canon camera lens collection.
How to Take Care of My FD Lens?
A good way to take care of your lenses, regardless of whether they are a EF or FD, macro lens, manual lens, or vintage lens is simple.
- Store your devices in cool, dry places. They can take a lot of wear and tear, but a way to keep them going for a long time is to store them away from extreme elements.
- When they're not in use, keep the cap and the end cap on it.
- When transporting them over a long distance, make sure to put them in padded compartments.
- Wipe the glass part with a microfiber cloth, similar to the kind you would use on your eyeglasses.