Cisco Wireless Routers
Many home and office products need a wireless router for connectivity with Wi-Fi. Cisco routers are capable of transforming your home, office, or business network by delivering high-security services. When looking for a router, find one that will serve your current needs and that will also reserve some power for your future requests.How do you secure a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)?
Cisco offers a variety of ways to secure your WLAN, including:
- Data encryption: This only grants access to authorized users. Unauthorized users cannot access information in the network.
- User authentication: This feature validates any user who tries to access the network before access is granted.
- Secure access: New entrants, such as visitors and guests, are given login information that has a short expiration period.
- Control systems: Governing overview systems are built into the router to protect laptops and linked gadgets on the Wi-Fi from web criminals.
Single-band routers only communicate over a single frequency band of 2.4 GHz. They share the same frequency with many home appliances, such as microwaves and Bluetooth hardware. A dual-band wireless router operates on a 2.4 Ghz and a 5 Ghz bands. They can support aggregate speeds of up to 2,167 Mbps or more.How many devices can connect to a wireless router simultaneously?
There is no upper limit on the number of devices that can be tied, but you will notice a considerable performance drop with additional gadgets. Three to five gadgets should function well without any noticeable decrease in responsiveness in the network.How do you fix a router that is dropping connections?
If you are experiencing constant reboots, freezes, or interruptions, there are a number of causes that could be behind this. In order to fix these issues, check the following:
- Put the wireless router in a ventilated area. Good airflow helps the router to perform.
- Update the router's firmware. Check the Cisco website for any new releases. Upgrading the firmware could fix bugs or issues with previous releases.
- Perform a factory reset on your router.
A wireless LAN uses radio technology to connect to laptops, smartphones, smart TVs, and other home appliances that have Wi-Fi capability. The Cisco wireless router typically extends up to a range of about 300 feet. Cisco wireless routers are categorized into either cloud-managed routers or integrated services and VPN routers.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Cisco.