The Music You Make: Instruments and Gear
Theres something about playing an instrument that provides a release, and the end result is beautiful music. Learning to play an instrument can bring you a lifetime of joy, or even provide of way to earn a living. Otherwise, its a hobby that anyone can begin, regardless of skill level. Here are some instruments and gear to consider whether youre a pro already or youre just starting out.
What Are Some Instrument Categories?
There are so many instruments to pick from, how can you select the right one? Begin by thinking about what kinds of music you like to listen to, and that may help you choose the right instrument for you.
● String instruments are known for their flexibility, and you can use them to play any type of music ranging from the blues to country to rock. Some of these include the guitar, ukulele, violin, and bass guitar.
● Brass instruments are typically horns. This category features trumpets, saxophones, tubas. Trombones and French horns are also options, and each horn has its own distinct sound.
● Want to tickle the ivories? Then you may want to learn the piano, accordion, keyboard. Some come with sampler options so you can customize your music and make your own beats.
What Gear Can You Purchase?
Once you have your instrument of choice in hand, youll need a few types of gear to ensure not only protection of your instrument, but to enhance your playing experience.
● A microphone amplifies your voice and your instrument when youre onstage giving a live performance. These typically come with a stand that you can adjust to the correct height.
● Amplifiers allow you to plug in your electric guitar and, as their name implies, amplify the sound. This is a good way to enable a larger audience to hear what youre playing, and increases the volume of your instrument.
● Cases for your instruments are an important investment. To protect the life of your investment, always keep your guitar, bass, violin, or brass instrument inside of its case to ensure it remains dust-free and safe from damage as you transport it to class, rehearsals, or gigs.
What Are Some Guitar Options?
Some of the most popular instruments are string instruments, and in this category, its likely that guitars are the most known types of string styles. Here is a glimpse of what you can consider when youre interested in a string instrument.
● Guitars come in two main varieties: electric and acoustic. Electric guitars are plugged into amplifiers and have a more brash sound. Theyre usually associated with rock music, and some of the most famous ones are the Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, and the iconic Gibson Les Paul, which many famous guitarists play.
● Acoustic guitars are associated with a softer sound, like folk music or singer/songwriter tunes.
● When youre interested in the deep, rich strumming of bass lines, a bass guitar might be the right instrument for you. These guitars complement electric or acoustic guitars nicely for the perfect harmonies.
Music Is the Universal Language
Music is a language that transcends people and culture, and musical instruments have been around to speak that language for centuries. Playing an instrument, be it piano, guitar, cello or accordion, can transport you to another world that we as humans have yet to explain. Drums and percussion can bring out your primal instincts, and harps and organs can evoke images of angels. No matter what kind of musical instruments or other new or used music gear youre looking for, count on eBay to be your fully stocked music equipment store.
Tickle the Ivories
Some would argue that learning the piano gives you the most solid foundation for understanding all types of music. While a full-size grand piano may not be in your future, you can work on your piano chops with an electric keyboard or one of the countless pro audio synthesizers on the market today. Stringed instruments include popular classical string instruments like Palatino and Kay brand upright basses, and Mendini, Cecilio and Yamaha violins and violas.
Shred on Guitar
For rock, funk, jazz and more modern, electrified music, it all starts with the electric guitar. Gibson, Fender, ESP and Washburn all make a variety of models of electric guitars, allowing you to choose the right guitar for your kind of music. Keep the low end solid with a bass guitar with four, five or even six strings or more. Put the finishing touch on your drum kit with the right combination of ride, crash, splash and hi-hat cymbals from Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian and Wuhan.
Get the Party Started
We dont overlook DJ equipment at eBay, where you can find the latest in DJ and monitoring headphones, DJ mixers, DJ turntables and everything else you need to keep the dance floor full. And when its time for a break, turn the crowd over to one of the Complete Karaoke Systems available on eBay to keep the party going. No party would be complete without setting the mood with one of the state-of-the-art DMX stage lighting systems and kits from Chauvet, Martin or Elation.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by the brands mentioned above.