If you’re in the market for athletic shoes, clothing, and accessories for the whole family, New Balance on eBay will get you moving. A broad selection of shoe sizes, including for extra narrow or wide feet, makes New Balance shoes for men, women and kids an easy choice for hard-to-fit feet. New Balance athletic clothing and accessories hit the right note of comfort, support, and style, and eBay makes it easy to find your size, color and cut for every season of the year. Whatever sport you’re playing, New Balance has the gear to get you to the track, court, field, gym, or road.
New Balance shoes are designated sometimes by name, more often by number. Here are five popular New Balance shoes:
New Balance 990v4
- Breathable mesh and durable pigskin in the upper.
- The lace keeper secures laces and keeps the tongue in place.
- Good underfoot support by the ENCAP® mid-sole technology.
- Reliable durability.
- High quality and long-lasting performance.
New Balance 860v7
- Great stability and support.
- Upper soft and breathable.
- A comfortable shoe.
- Cushioning system delivers a soft, responsive ride.
- Added cushioning in the heel provides a comfortable lock down.
New Balance Vazee Rush v2
- Comfortable right out of the box.
- Upper able to breathe air into the foot-chamber, keeping the foot well-ventilated.
- General durability; stays intact even after many uses.
- Outsole rubber compound grips ground well.
- Comfortable throughout activities.
- Designed for runners with neutral pronation.
New Balance 610v5
- Great cushioning with a 4E size available.
- Perfect for wider width and bigger size.
- Nice aesthetics and design that complement both male and female runners.
- Great stability and support.
- Protective on trails, even, or uneven ground.
- Excellent traction on tough trails and soft mud.
- Built for the neutral runner.
New Balance Leadville v3
- Trail protection reinforced by a Gusseted Tongue and toe guard.
- Most breathable of this series.
- Outsole sheds mud.
- Comfort and performance spectacular.
- Dries quickly.
- Designed for runners with modest overpronation.
What is pronation and how does it affect running?
Pronation is the movement of your foot when it strikes the ground during running. Those with normal arches should usually choose a shoe with moderate stability. If you have flat feet, then you probably overpronate, so choose a motion-control shoe. If you have high arches, then you should probably choose a neutral shoe to compensate for under pronation.
What do the New Balance model numbers mean?
Check the last two digits in the running shoes model number to find the right shoe for your foot and running style:
- 40 (Optimal Control) - For runners with pronation or low arches. Extra control, cushioning, stability and support. These motion-control shoes are perfect for flat-footed runners.
- 50 (Fitness Running) - For runners who have additional elements in their workouts. Perfect for indoor training and running on roads.
- 60 (Stability) - Offers the ultimate in stability, with additional focus on cushioning. The best choice for reducing pronation. Runners with normal arches often choose stability or light-stability shoes.
- 70 (Light Stability) - Lighter and faster than the 60 series above, these shoes trade a little bit of stability for speed.
- 80 (Neutral) - Light shoes with excellent cushioning. Designed for high-mileage runners. These shoes are good choices for high-arched runners.
- 90 (Speed) - These shoes are the best choice for speed and distance runners. Fit and feel make them perfect for runners who like to go fast.
Who Wears New Balance?
Athletes, celebrities and sneaker fans love New Balance shoes. More than 400 Major League Baseball players, including Tampa Bay Rays third baseman, Evan Longoria and Detroit Tigers first baseman, Miguel Cabrera wear them.
Who Collaborates with New Balance?
The shoes resonate in fashion, as well. New Balance has collaborated on sneaker design with Kate Spade and J. Crew, among others. A recent collaboration with retailer BAIT and inspired by Hasbros GI Joe launched in June of 2015.
How can you customize your New Balance shoes?
New Balance has a unique approach to marketing called NB1: they customize. A buyer can go online and specify the color scheme and appearance of their sneakers. They can have a personalized message embroidered on the back of the shoes, and the next day, those shoes are delivered. Models that can be ordered in this way include the 998, the 574, the 990 and 993 running shoes.
Shoes and Clothing
Designated by a number system, running shoes come in a rainbow of colorways for women with names such as: Sea Spray; Energy Lime; Reflection with Alpha Pink; Elderberry with Silver Mink, among others. For men, the shoes are divided into Everyday Running, Distance Running, and Soft and Cushioned for the Fresh Foam Cruz style.
Running clothing for women include Hoodies, tights, and leggings in solids and graphic prints, long-sleeve seasonless running shirts, precision run 3-in-1 jackets with extra zippered pockets, and power bras.
New Balance training shoes for women also come in a numbered and named system, with such colors as Charcoal with Silver; Energy Red with White; Faded Rose with Castlerock; Steel with Black; Grey with Water Vapor.
New Balance cycling shoes for women have Velcro closures and interesting names: Black with Thunder; Energy Red with Phantom; White with Thunder and Silver Mink.
Women’s cycling clothes include printed tanks, pocketed tights, heat-retaining jackets, hoodies, the Marathon Windcheater Jacket, a high-necked, half-zip, close-fitting warm-up jacket. Other clothing for women includes skirts, long- and short-sleeved tees, crop-top bras, fleece warm-up gear for cooler weather, and jackets with high necks, with and without hoodies.
Men’s Baseball Shoes come with or without cleats in a wide combination of colors. Men’s baseball clothing includes asymmetrical three-quarter-length sleeve shirts, Essential Baseball Piped Pants, Baseball Tech Hoodie, Baseball Tech Short, Short Sleeve Tech Tee, and Batting Jacket. All these choices are available in combinations of popular colors.
Sports bras by New Balance provide firm support but don’t restrict freedom of movement. Moisture- repelling socks give your feet an extra snug wrap to make New Balance shoes even more comfortable. Wearing a New Balance Sports monitor will keep your workout on point. Backpacks, visors, watches, and orthotics are also part of the line of New Balance extras.
A Bit of History
1906 – Founded as the New Balance Arch Support Company near Boston, Massachusetts.
1960 – Designed and produced the world’s first running shoe, the Trackster. Many college and high school track teams, as well as the YMCA, adopted this shoe.
1972 – Jim Davis bought New Balance, and increased product offerings and brand popularity over the rest of the decade.
2015 - New Balance began producing soccer shoes, which quickly rose to become one of the top choices among the players.
New Balance Numeric
The world of skateboarding welcomed the “New Balance Numeric” in 2013, a shoe distributed by professional skateboarder Jamie Tomas through his Black Box Distribution company. The partnership reflects the New Balance attitude of continued expansion and staying current. The skateboarding market is a new one for New Balance, and they have aligned themselves with experts in the business. The New Balance-sponsored skateboarding team is overseen by professional skater John Ratray. Skateboarding sponsorship is the newest among a long list of New Balance sponsorships in other sports.
Among the many sports that New Balance sponsors with their shoes, apparel and accessories are association football (soccer), basketball, cricket, cycling, and tennis. They dressed the Olympic Council of Ireland at Rio 2016 and outfit the national football teams of Costa Rica, Panama, and the Republic of Ireland. Their products are worn by football clubs in the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania. Individual sponsorships of professional athletes include Olympian Stephanie Twell, Trayvon Bromell, and James Worthy. New Balance recently broke ground on a basketball/sports/office complex near Boston in a sponsorship agreement with the Boston Celtics.
Wide feet or narrow, graphic design or solid colors, men, women, boys and girls can find the New Balance athletic gear they need on eBay no matter the size, color preference, or activity. New Balance on eBay is the perfect choice."]