Things to Know Before Buying a Nikon 17-55 Camera Lens
With more than a hundred years in the business of creating lenses, Nikon is one of the top producers of quality camera lenses, including the Nikon 17-55. The Nikon 17-55 delivers top-notch performance for the professional photographer and also the novice looking for superior optics. If you’re looking to buy the Nikon 17-55 used or new at a reasonable price, eBay can help.What are some features of the Nikon 17-55?
The Nikon 17-55 gives you sharp clarity with an impressive wide zoom range. Although smaller and lighter than other lenses, the Nikon 17-55 2.8 stands out among its competition by delivering beautifully clear photos without the bulk of larger lenses. Its compact size and lighter weight are a couple of the advantageous features of this lens. Some of the other notable features include the following:
- Extra-low dispersion glass – This allows for correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Silent wave motor – This allows for extremely accurate high-speed automatic focusing.
- Spherical lens elements – This does away with certain types of lens aberration.
- IF lens - This is lightweight lens that has a closer focusing distance.
- Seamless lag time - This makes it lag less when switching from automatic to manual focusing.
Nikon lenses are designed to be most compatible with Nikon cameras. If you’re not new to photography, then you know that it is possible to use some lenses and cameras interchangeably despite them not sharing the same brand. The Nikon 17-55mm can be used with compatible non-Nikon cameras.
Keep in mind that even though a Nikon lens may mount on a non-Nikon camera, it doesn’t mean you’ll be able to use all the features that lens can offer when mounted on a Nikon camera. Lens adapters are also available if you have a non-Nikon camera.What accessories are compatible with the Nikon 17-55?
Buying a Nikon 17-55 refurbished or used is a great way to save money on a non-Nikon camera lens. Saving money with non-Nikon allows you to invest in accessories for your new lens. There are two top accessories you may want to consider for your Nikon 17-55.
- Adapters – Use these if you have a non-Nikon camera or if you have an older Nikon camera that is no longer in production.
- Filters – These can provide protection for your lens as well as improve the quality of your photos. There are filters for all occasions whether you’re a professional or just starting out.