Use Patient Monitors to Provide Solutions in a Clinical Setting
Patient monitors are available in a variety of configurations and may include several features to help you provide care to individuals dealing with medical issues. New and used patient monitors operate as bedside units to accurately take readings you might need to offer medical solutions. Understanding the features on these products could help you choose the right equipment for your clinical situation.What parameters do these monitors read?
The parameters of a machine define the types of readings it can give you. You may wish to choose an item with a specific set of parameters that can help you establish a plan of care. Some common readings you might find during your search include:
- Blood pressure - Blood pressure readings measure the pressure of your blood as it circulates against the vessel walls. Types of blood pressure may include CASP, ABPM, or systolic.
- ECG - This reading measures your body's electrical activity as it relates to the heart and cardiac processes.
- Respiratory rate - This is a measurement of how quickly you can inhale and exhale through the lungs.
- Hemoglobin - The hemoglobin in your blood carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of your body.
Several of these versatile patient monitors may include additional features that you can use to care for your patients. Some common features you might find are:
- Multi-support - This type of machine is able to support readings from multiple patients at once.
- Touchscreen - A touchscreen should allow you to interact with the machine and send it commands by using your fingers. It should display readings on the same screen.
- Battery-operated - This feature allows you to use the device without a continuous power source. It may be handheld so that you can carry it with you.
If the condition of a monitor is a factor in your purchasing decision, you can sort eBay items according to this category. Some options from which you can choose include:
- New - This is a brand new item that may or may not feature its original packaging.
- Used - Used items should still be in good working order unless otherwise stated. You may find such items at a more affordable price point.
- Refurbished - This type of product has been restored by the manufacturer to a working condition that may be similar to new.