Scooters are used to get around quickly, either recreationally or while running errands. There are Razor scooters for people of all sizes, ages, and athletic abilities. The models range from the basic kick scooters to electric models.What types of riders are Razor scooters designed for?
- Children age three and up can ride the Razor Jr. Lil Kick Scooter. It has a three-wheeled design for stability, a wide and slip-resistant deck, a wide rear wheel base, a low profile, and a padded T-bar. It can be ridden by children up to 45 pounds.
- People who are five years old and older can ride the Razor A, A2, and A3 Scooters, in addition to a few others.
- Older children and adults can ride the larger scooters that could achieve greater speeds, such as the A5, the Beast, and the Razor Dirt Scooter. These scooters have taller handlebars so riders do not have to hunch over.
- Those eight years old and and up have more powerful models available, with still more choices becoming available at age 13.
- Kick scooters: Kick scooters feature slim, foldable designs that are compact and portable. You can choose a scooter that is sleek and metallic or something more chunky with bright colors and prints. Some models have a metal deck, while others have a plastic, skateboard-like deck.
- Big wheels: Big wheel models have larger wheels for handling rougher terrains. The larger wheels can smooth out the ride when traveling over dirt paths and rocks. Two models of this type are the Razor A5, which has 8-inch wheels, and the Razor A6, which has 10-inch wheels.
- Electric scooters: Electric scooters can be used for recreational or commuting purposes. The Power Core E100 has a maximum speed of 11 mph and a battery life that lasts up to 60 minutes. It is intended for riders up to 120 pounds. The E200 can accommodate riders up to 154 pounds, can achieve a speed of 12 mph, and can be used continuously for 45 minutes. The next version up, the E300, can travel at speeds of 15 mph, can last 40 minutes on a single charge, and can support riders up to 220 pounds. There is also a seated version of the E300 for anyone who prefers to sit down while riding. The seat is padded and the pneumatic tires are extra wide.
The A kick scooter was the original Razor kick scooter. It is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum, has 98 mm inline-style wheels and adjustable handlebars, and weighs approximately 5 pounds. The A2 is a similar version, with a spring-less front suspension and a wheelie bar. The A3 is like the A2, but with 125 mm inline-style urethane wheels rather than the 98 mm wheels that the A2 has.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Razor.