Rolex Gold Plated Band Wristwatches
When it comes to luxury watches, Rolex is a name people around the world recognize. The reason is simple, Rolex has been making watches since 1905 and many best knew it for the Perpetual rotor self-winding mechanism. What's more, Rolex was the first to produce a waterproof wristwatch. So matter where you go, up the highest mountain or exploring the deepest reaches of the sea, Rolex has you covered. It isn't just about the explorer though, the businessperson who is looking to adding a touch-of-class to their look can do it easily by putting on a Rolex gold watch. Thanks to the various watch styles, designs, and features on the market, finding the perfect watch has never been so simple. There is a gold wristwatch for everyone's style. Gold plating is different from solid gold, but the look of the watch is still elegant.
How Do You Identify an Authentic Rolex Watch?
- Laser-etched coronet - An authentic Rolex watch will have a coronet marking in the crystal near the 6 o'clock position. It is very difficult to see and usually requires a magnifying glass to see it.
- Green hologram sticker - When you purchase a new watch you'll find a sticker with the word ROLEX, the Rolex Coronet and a reference number printed on it. However, if buying a previously worn model, the sticker would not be there unless the original owner removed it and kept it for authenticity verification at a later date.
- Case back - Unless you have a 1930's model watch, the back case will not be transparent. Furthermore, you will never see an engraving on the outside of the case back.
What Type of Watch bands Are Available on a Rolex Watch?
- Buckle - Although a buckle and clasp are often interchangeable when it comes to watch bands, there is a difference. The buckle latches together and most often comes on a strap type band.
- Clasp - With a clasp, it's often a fold-over type of closure where the band remains connected, and you slide it onto your wrist and then adjust the clasp to tighten it. A gold plated bracelet is a popular style for men and women.
- Bracelet - Rolex offers several different styles within the bracelet category including Oyster, President, Jubilee and Pearlmaster bracelets.
- Strap - When you pair a gold plated bezel with a leather watch strap you get a beautiful timepiece that goes effortlessly from day to night.
What Are a Few Features of Rolex Watches?
- Date indicator - Always know what the date is with a quick glance at your wrist.
- 12-hour or 24-hour dial - Choose either a 12-hour or 24-hour dial where the hour hand goes around the dial either twice or only once. If you like to tell time in military style (8:00 or 14:00), then a 24-hour dial is for you.
- Waterproof - You'll find depth restrictions on waterproof watches, but for the most part, you will never dive deeper than your watch can withstand.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Rolex.