Buying a 7200 RPM 4 TB Internal HDD
You can replace a damaged or existing hard drive or add an internal hard drive to your desktop computer when you select a 7200 RPM 4 TB HDD to give your machine extra room for storing data internally. These are mostly used for things like software applications, operating systems, or games that take up significant memory.
What Are the Interface Options?
The interface of the 3.5-inch hard drive refers to how you physically attach and install the drive to your computer. Each interface has different ways of connecting to your computer, so youll need to ensure that you get the right one so your drive fits correctly.
- One type of interface is the SAS interface. This stands for "Serial Attached SCSI," and the drives come in 10 and 15K options.
- SATA is a common interface size thats sometimes characterized by how fast it reads and writes, such as 1.5 GB per second (or GB/s).
- Other options include SATA II and SATA III, which read at 3.0 GB/s and 6.0 GB/s.
What Are Some Hard Drive Features?
There are some common and functional features of hard drives that youll want to know about as you shop for one.
- Hard drives have different cache sizes, which is the storage space in reserve by the hard drive. Sizes vary, from a 64 MB cache to a 128 MB cache and other sizes.
- The 7200 RPM feature of these drives refers to the revolutions per minute that it spins at. Though a higher number should be indicative of a faster hard drive, the rotational speed isnt necessarily as important as some of the other drive features are.
- These desktop drives have 4 TB of storage space, which is a large storage capacity that offers plenty of room whether youre uploading lots of software or games or creating documents for work.
What Are Some Hard Drive Models?
You can consider some of these 3.5-inch form factor internal hard drives from Toshiba when youre looking for the right high-performance drive for your machine.
- The X300 model offers a SATA format and a read-and-write cache. Theyre meant to be high capacity to service many applications.
- The NT300 offers the SATA III interface along with a 3.5-inch form factor. This NAS hard drive also provides 4 TB of space.
- Check into model MD04ACA400, which offers the SATA III interface along with built-in advanced power management technology. It also boasts a 64 MB cache along with a 4 TB hard-disk capacity. In addition, this drive is energy-efficient and conserves more power than other types of all-in-one drives do.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Toshiba.