Shopping New, Used & Certified Refurbished Vacuum Cleaners
The right vacuum cleaner can make it easy to tidy up around the house in minimal time. Gone are the days of pushing around heavy, bulky vacuums. Many modern vacuum cleaners can take corners, have removable wands for hard-to-reach nooks and crannies, and even feature air filters. The point is, if you haven't bought a vacuum in a while, you're going to be surprised at all your options.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
There are 5 main types of vacuum cleaners:
- Upright vacuums: Upright vacuum cleaners stand upright and are pushed on wheels. They have brush rollers to deep-clean carpets and have large containers for dust and debris.
- Canister vacuums: These machines have a canister and a vacuum head, which can often be changed with a variety of different attachments and accessories depending on your needs. They can be used to clean walls, curtains, and furniture.
- Stick vacuums: These models are slim and lightweight. They have small heads that are easy to maneuver around furniture. They are designed to deal with minor messes and cleaning small spaces.
- Handheld vacuums: These grab-and-go hand vacs are portable, battery-powered machines that are designed to deal with dusty spots rather than entire floors.
- Robotic vacuums: These machines are able to zip around different rooms and clean while you are busy with other household tasks. Some robotic vacuums can even be turned on remotely by a smartphone so that they can remove dirt and dust while you are not home.
Bagged vs. Bagless Vacuums
Bagged vacuums have a bag that must be taken out and disposed of when it is full. For bagless machines, the canister can be removed and the contents dumped. Both types have different advantages:
- Bagged vacuums: These vacuums are hygienic as the closed bags contain the dirt and debris. They can often hold more dirt than bagless designs.
- Bagless vacuums: These vacuums are eco-friendly as they do not make additional waste with a bag. You simply remove the canister, empty it, and reattach it to the vacuum.
How to Find the Best Vacuum Cleaner for You
Choosing a vacuum that works for your needs is crucial to saving time and energy. Here are important factors to consider:
- Cordless or corded: Cordless vacuums can be taken anywhere without having to worry if there is a plug nearby. However, they do need to be recharged when the battery dies.
- Bagged or bagless: Think about which arrangement is more convenient for you: throwing away a sealed bag or emptying a reusable canister when full.
- Type: Depending on the size of your home and your floors, some types of vacuum cleaners may work better than others. For instance, you'll probably want a larger vacuum with deep-cleaning bristles if you have carpet.
- Weight: Lighter machines are easier to use while heavier machines can pack more power to deep-clean your floors.
- Accessories: Some vacuums come with accessories that are equipped to deal with pet hair, corners, and bare floors. Think about which accessories are relevant to your home.
Certified Refurbished Vacuums
Many people experience sticker shock when shopping for a new vacuum cleaner. If the features you want aren't within your budget, consider purchasing a Certified Refurbished vacuum. These products come with a like-new guarantee that includes all accessories, instruction manuals, and packaging. You can find a great price without sacrificing on quality. Buyers are protected with a 2-year warranty and free 30-day return/replacement policy that starts when you receive the vacuum. eBay Refurbished program sellers are held to the highest standards of customer service and regularly monitored to ensure they're hitting eBay's metrics.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.