Victorinox Kitchen and Steak Knives
Cutlery from the Victorinox line offers kitchen and steak knives. These specialty kitchen knives are forged with high carbon stainless steel blades. Products are available for everything from general purpose kitchen knives to a set of Victorinox steak knives.What unique features are found with a Victorinox knife?
While Victorinox manufactures the Victorinox Swiss Army knives, the company actually utilizes craftsmen from Germany to forge steel material from Sandvik, Sweden, for their knives. The blades are finished by hand in Switzerland by Victorinox craftsmen. Cutlery features include:
- Blades - The Victorinox knife blade is crafted from high carbon stainless steel.
- Edges - The edge of the knife blade may feature a serrated edge, a fluted edge, or a Granton Edge.
- Tip - Knives come with round tips or spear tips.
- Handles - Victorinox lightweight knife handles are made ergonomically of either Fibrox, Rosewood, or Pakkawood.
- Victorinox knives are also dishwasher-safe, have nylon covers available, and can be sharpened with Victorinox knife sharpeners.
Victorinox carries knives like the kitchen cleaver, carving knife, butter and cheese knife, and the boning knife. Choosing the individual knife you need for your kitchen or general use is easier with a cutlery guide. Here are some of the most common with specifics:
- Chef knife - This general purpose chef knife has a wide blade and can handle cutting and slicing vegetables and meats. This category includes the Japanese-inspired Santoku chef knife.
- Paring knife - This little knife can handle the detail-work like peeling, designing special garnishes, or de-veining shrimp.
- Boning knife - This knife has a thin blade and a sharp point utilized in removing bones from a variety of meats, including poultry and fish.
- Carving knife - This meat carving knife exists to slice large meats into thin slivers.
- Cleaver knife - This knife can smash garlic or handle cutting through bone.
Professional and home-based chefs alike need the tools available for the jobs in front of them. There are several collections of knives available from Victorinox, featuring knives in sets, in blocks, or simply grouped by type and purpose. Whether you want a collection for your countertop or drawer, here are some options to consider:
- Victorinox Rosewood 11-piece block set - Features the lightweight Rosewood handles and includes steak knives.
- Swiss Classic 22-piece block set - Fibrox handles, laser-tested, and includes steak knives and scissors.
- Swiss Classic 15-piece block set- Includes steak knives and scissors.
- Chefs Set 3-piece - Has all chef bedrock pieces.
- Fibrox Set 4-piece - Includes a kitchen knife for all chef, paring, slicing, and bread handling purposes.