How to Find the Right Sized Crate for Your Pet
There may be times when you need an affordable large dog cage for your dog to reside in while you are away. If you have a very large dog, you likely know how challenging it can be to find the right-sized crate. However, on eBay, you may find a selection of crates and cages. Here are some tips to help you find your next XXL dog crate:Selecting a size
If you're looking for a dog crate for your dog, one of the most important things to look for is a crate of the appropriate size. It's important for your dog to be able to stand up while caged. A 72-inch dog crate is sometimes recommended for especially tall breeds, but eBay also offers a selection of 48-inch and 54-inch crates. Before you buy, be sure to look at all dimensions of a given crate to make sure it's the right size for your dog.What type of metal is right for you and your dog?
When you're deciding on a crate to purchase, the metal from which the cage is made is one of the most important considerations. Here are a few different metal types:
- Steel: This is a common XXL dog kennel material. Many cages are made of plain (uncoated) stainless steel.
- Coated or painted steel: For aesthetics, extra durability, or both, some crates are made of steel that is painted, coated, or galvanized. This can also extend the life of the metal.
- Heavy-duty: If you find an extra-large dog crate, it may be made of extra-wide bars. These cages are good for withstanding wear and containing strong or aggressive dogs.
Before you commit to a given X large dog crate, there are a few other things to consider. Here are some things to think about before you make your final selection:
- Do you need the cage to fold away? Certain crates and cages can be folded for storage or travel, which can be convenient. If you don't need to move the crate, though, this may not be an issue.
- What type of door configuration is ideal? Some large dog crates have extra-wide (or multiple) doors and some open from the top for easy cleaning.
- Does the cage need to be able to lock? If your dog is one who can figure out how to unlatch certain types of cages, then it may be good to purchase a locking cage.