There Is a 100 Years of Heritage Built into Every Old Town Canoe
The Old Town Canoe Company has been making quality canoes and kayaks for more than a century, building a reputation as one of the foremost leaders of the canoe and kayak industry. If you’re browsing eBay for that special new canoe, you will find that Old Town’s trademarked wood and canvas canoes are still available. Each canoe is built with the same dedication to workmanship and quality the founders used more than a 100 years ago.Are there different models of Old Town Canoes?
Old Town Canoe Company’s trademark wooden canoes are still available. The Penobscot pattern was the first design used and variations of this earliest Old Town model can still be found. There are six actual models of varying lengths, including OTCA, Guide 16s, plus the Monitor 17 all built to order.
- Discovery – There are four options for the Discovery model. You can select a single person model 119, or choose from three larger versions: the 158, 169, or Discovery Sport 15, each equipped for one or two people.
- Saranac – The Saranac is available in two model choices: the 160 and 146.
- Penobscot – Two variations of Old Town’s first-ever canoe design are still available today, the 164 and 174.
Depending on how enthusiastically you canoe, you may find a number of Old Town Canoe accessories useful. There are rudder guides, trolling motor consoles and Old Town Canoe seats, including web seats for the bow or stern. Here are some common accessories that you can also find on eBay.
- Predator rudder kit – This is the perfect guide for canoeing through rough waters or across strong currents.
- Predator utility console – A console that fits your canoe properly is important if you want to use a trolling motor.
- Snap-in seats and storage boxes – There are ice boxes and storage bins that nsapp-fit securely inside your canoe. You can also add snap-in seats.
- Oar locks – Sometimes you may want to add the power of locked oars. Old Town has special oar locks to secure various size oars.
- Carrying yoke – Anytime you want to carry your Old Town Canoe a carrying yoke makes it easy to balance your canoe by yourself, or with a second helper.
You’ll want to use authentic Old Town Canoe parts and accessories to keep your canoe in good condition and help it hold its value. You can browse eBay for a number of useful accessories or find replacement parts if necessary. To make sure you purchase the correct parts and accessories, check you Old Town Canoe registration for the model and serial numbers.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Old Town Canoe Company.