Revell Toy Models and Kits
Revell is known for building kits for large-scale ships as well as small, snap-together models. Those who enjoy building scale models can choose from beginner-level kits to more difficult projects for advanced hobbyists. Among the brand’s line of products are Revell model cars, trucks, boats, and ships.What Revell model skill level can be chosen?
There are five levels of kits that are available, and they are:
- Level 1: For beginner builders, this level requires approximately 30 minutes of build time.
- Level 2: For slightly more advanced builders, these take about 60 minutes to build.
- Level 2 Max: These models have larger scales and more pieces, including chrome and decals. They require approximately 60 minutes of build time.
- Level 3: Pre-decorated intermediate models, Revell Level 3 projects are large-scale builds requiring glue. You can expect to spend about three hours to build one of these.
- Level 4: For Intermediate to casual builders, this level requires both glue and paints with approximately three to four hours of build time.
- Level 5: This level features more complex, large-scale builds for experienced builders. They take approximately four or more hours to create.
Painting your Revell model is a five-step process. Applying color before assembly is recommended for a quality finish. Before beginning, wash the Revell model kit with a non-abrasive cleaner like dish soap. Rinse and dry the model thoroughly. Then, take the following steps to paint your Revell scale model:
- Apply a coat of primer to each part of the exterior and allow it to air dry.
- Brush or airbrush a smooth, even coat of your desired color onto each part of the model’s exterior, and allow it to air dry.
- Touch up any finish flaws using a paint thinner or remover that’s safe for plastics.
- Apply a topcoat if desired.
- Allow it to air dry for 24 hours before building your Revell model.
You can choose a kit from the skill level that matches your age or experience with building. Follow the detailed instructions included in your kit for the correct results. Kits will either snap together or require model glue. If using glue, hold the pieces in place firmly until the glue is dry.What type of materials are Revell models made out of?
The plastic model kit from Revell is made of styrene plastic, which is a common plastic used in both models and toys. A Revell model made from this high-quality plastic can be used in combination with almost any type of glue, paint, or cement that is safe for use on plastics.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Revell.